{ Cross-stitch Revisited }

Don’t you just love it when people take traditional craft and turn it into something fresh and current? Well I certainly do – That’s why I went all giddy when I came across the work of these three super chicks. Their approach to cross-stitch is marked by unconventional materials & subject matter with the essence of the craft as their inspiration.


Janick is the creator of Nea. She has the most amazing jewellery and wall wear range. I love the texture and scale of her jewellery and of course her unique take on cross-stitch.  Check out more of her work on her Etsy page.



I’m a sucker for Typographic art, and I adore this cross-stitch poster from Bubbo-Tubbo. Natasha Mileshina is the designer behind this “we make sense” limited edition series. These prints come signed and personalized, what a great gift. Go check out more of her work here.



How awesome is this stainless steel cross-stitch table, by Imogen Luddy. Do yourself a favour and check out her super wall at Supermarket Sarah. I just love her modern take on doilies.

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog already Linnet, can’t wait to see all the lovely things you have in store for us! Does anyone have an idée how I can recreate the cross-stitch design on an old pinewood chest of drawers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Almarie, perhaps the easiest way would be a cross-stitch inspired vinyl decal, easy on easy off! Or you could do a stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almarie, I just remembered about this cool suitcase that was decoupaged with a vintage crochet pattern, this could also work well with a chest of drawers. Check it out here: http://www.allthingsoriginal.com/sellers/uoldbag/shop//bags_and_purses/suitcases/large_floral_hand_embroidered_up_cycled_vintage_suitcase

    ReplyDelete